Citrus Nicecream Cake: just 7 ingredients required, this summer treat is no-bake, entirely vegan and gluten-free! For twist on our Banana Nicecream, we added orange zest, lemon juice for even more tanginess, and a date base for natural sweetness!
1 cup medjool dates (pitted before measuring)
1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
1 pints sea salt
3 pints Banana Nicecream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp citrus zest (we used orange)
1/4 cup lemon juice
For Serving (optional)
1. Prepare a cheesecake pan by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Prepare crust by adding dates to a food processor and blending until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
3. To the food processor, add walnuts and salt and process into a meal. Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms - it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers.
4. Add crust to pan and press with fingers to distribute. To pack it down, use a small glass wrapped in parchment paper and really press it down, allowing the crust to come up the sides. Set in freezer to firm up.
5. Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth. Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding lemon or orange zest for citrus flavour.
6. Add filling to the chilled crust and tap a few times to release any air bubbles. Then loosely cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and freeze until firm - about 6 hours or overnight. Before slicing and serving, let thaw slightly for about 20-30 minutes.
7. Serve as is or top with a touch of coconut whipped cream and/or citrus zest and fresh berries!